Sunday, August 14, 2005

I Need a Jump

Last night my car battery died. Luckily, I had a friend who was going out clubbing who was able to give me the required "jump".

Well, last night I also had a date. At least I think it was a date. In my mind, it was a date. We walked together, we had dinner, a lovely conversation ... he was adorably cute and very intelligent ... but there was not a hint of sexual buzz in the air between us. Not that I didn't want there to be, I kept waiting for a cue, a flirt, a sign ... anything that would indicate that I passed the "hot" test. Sure, I could have come on strong and been aggressive, but my gut was telling me that was not the move to make in this situation. Some guys like to take things slow, real slow, and I'm completely cool with that. So I figured that's what this was.

We walked back to his place ... there was no one else home at the moment. I thought he would invite me in for a drink or just to chat a bit more ... it was still early. But no. He extended his hand. That's right ... his hand! I was dumbstruck. He said I had his number, his email, blah blah blah ... to get in touch. I couldn't believe I didn't even warrant a peck on the lips or at least an "I'd like 2 see U again."

Now, I've gotten this kind of reception on dates before and in both cases we ended up good friends. So, could he be another friend? I'm sure of it. We got along "fancily". But damnit, like my dead battery, I need a jump! No, I don't mean sex, I just mean ... passion, romance, that surge of desire, that little uneasiness in the pit of your stomach you experience when you realize "this might be going somewhere."

I won't discount anything with the handshake kid yet. After all, he graciously entertained me while I waited for my friend to come and give me a jump. He even came out to make sure the car started and that I was ok. I really like him ... but all my intution is telling me he'd rather fall in the friend category. But maybe I'm wrong. I'll let a couple of days pass and I'll call him. Or maybe I'll email him. I don't know the proper protocol.

Dating sux!

"Kiss me, bring me 2 life and break me. Make me a new man before I disappear..." - Saturn, The Virgin Poet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home